History of the church
The birth of Holy trinity
The 1840 church
The church enlarged
360 dgree view in church
Ministers of Holy Trinity Church
(Click on links for photographs)
|When the church was dedicated in 1840, Tansley was still part of the Parish of Crich but in 1844 a Chapelry District of Tansley was formed which embraced just the village of Tansley.
Twenty years later, Tansley Chapel was obviously thriving because in 1865 a new Parish of Tansley was formed which included the areas of Riber and Lumsdale. Although the Rectory was built in 1847 at a cost of £1000, it was only registered in the Lichfield registry as a Rectory in 1866 when the parish was formed.
The Parish retained its own Rector until 1952 when it became a United Benefice with St. Giles, Matlock. From 1957 until 1977 the rectory was occupied by a series of curates from St Giles who acted as Priest-in-Charge of Holy Trinity. However in 1977 when the Revd. J.Drackley moved from St. Giles, Matlock, there was no curate available so the Revd Joe Hurst, Vicar of Dethick, Lea and Holloway became Priest-in-Charge. Eventually, five years later, in 1982 the parish of Tansley became a United Benefice with Dethick, Lea and Holloway instead of with the parish of St.Giles, Matlock. The Revd Joe Hurst then became Vicar of Dethick, Lea and Holloway and Rector of Tansley.
When the Revd Joe Hurst retired in 1993, the post was filled by the Revd. Ralph Lawrence as Priest-in-Charge. In December 2003 the living became vacant again when the Revd Lawrence was appointed Rector of St Mary's, Crich. With the vacancy occuring, reorganisation of the Deanery resulted in Tansley becoming a joint benefice with All Saints, Matlock Bank. Revd. Richard Reade was appointed Priest in Charge of All Saints', Matlock Bank and Minister responsible for Tansley on his appointment in November 2004.